Building on the skills from Agility I, this
course takes both the dog and handler to the next level.
- Classes are an hour long and run for 6 weeks (consult
class calendar for dates of classes)
- For dogs at least 1 year of age (or permission from an
instructor if younger)
- Successful completion of Agility I and/or
While the dog is exposed to additional obstacles, the focus
of Agility II shifts to handling skills:
- Sending into obstacles
- Increasing speed and accuracy
- Directional and distance handling
- Object discrimination
- Sequencing of obstacles into basic courses
- Expanded non-verbal communication
- Call-offs and direction changes
- Handling techniques optimized for the personality of the
- Able to run basic courses correctly and safely
- Able to work off-leash-- keeping dog's attention and focus
- Able to run complete course without per-obstacle reward
(the reward comes at the end of the run)
- No significant shyness or fear of any obstacle covered
- Agility II may be repeated as often as desired
(many stay at this level as a fun activity)
Other classes are under development. Private classes are available.
If you have an interest in an advanced class or ideas for other
class offerings, please contact us.
Back to class schedule
Proceed to class registration
Copyright © 2002-2005 Canine Trainers LLC,
Questions or comments?
Last modified: 10 April 2006